Journey to Sophie

In March 2005 we traveled to Hunan, China, to bring Chen Xu Yun into our family. This is our journey to Sophie.

Friday

April 8/05 ~ Homeward Bound!

"Okay, I'm all packed for Canada!"
Couch photo.
The Chinese Empress, Miss Sophie.

Well, this is it! We gathered our babies together and placed them on a sofa in the hotel for a group shot. I dressed Sophie in a little Chinese outfit that I bought for her. Only one baby screamed through the photo shoot. We then went down to the diningroom for our final breakfast. We are now back in the room for last minute packing because we need to have our bags outside our room by 11:00am, check out at 12:00pm and board the bus by 12:30pm. I have Sophie’s passport and travel visa in hand. Her passport is so cute! Our flight is not until 4:30pm today but we will be landing in Toronto at 10:30pm. It’s almost like we gain a day because of the time change. We do stop in Vancouver and go through immigration first. As I’m ending this journal, it is now 10:00am (10:00pm back home) and I’m so grateful to have had this experience of coming to this country and receiving one of the greatest gifts of all…our daughter. We will always have a bond with these people and I wish I could personally thank her birth parents for giving her life and allowing us the opportunity to be her parents and engrafting her into our family. See you back in Canada!!!
Our arrival in Canada.
Home at last!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home